Effective: August 1, 2015
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT
- CONTACT INFORMATION
When you visit our site, we may collect the following personal information about you:
- Contact information, such as your name, home or other physical address, email, telephone number, organization name, and/or job title when you submit a request a demo or contact us form;
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, computer or mobile device, your navigation and clickstream behavior from actions that you take on our site;
- Information about you from affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, ad networks, and other third parties and combine it with information we already have about you;
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you;
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors to our site. These technologies include the following:
- We also use Local Storage Objects (LSOs). These technologies, such as HTML5 are used to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs;
Our website does not respond to web browser “Do No Track” signals.
We may use the information collected to improve the content on our site and further develop our products and services to better serve our clients, communicate with you by responding to your inquiries and requests, send important notices, as well as market our products and services.
We use information collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to improve the functionality and the content of our site.
We track the popularity of features on the site to guide the development of new ones.
We assess the ways in which users become aware of or access the site in order to gauge the quality and methods of our advertising.
If you choose to provide Health Connect with personally identifiable information, we will use that information for our internal business purposes only. For example:
- If you provide us with your email address, we may use it for our own marketing, promotional, and informational purposes, including solicitations, invitations, newsletters, awareness campaigns, and announcements, but we will not share your email address with unaffiliated third parties.
Please note that there are circumstances where the use or disclosure of personal information may be justified or permitted, or where Health Connect may be obligated to disclose information without consent. Such circumstances may include:
- If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information or to comply with the rules of a court relating to the production of records;
- If we receive a formal request to disclose your personal information in connection with a legal action, we will attempt to contact you about it, if permitted by law, via the e-mail address you provided when you submit a request a demo or contact us form, before we respond to that request;
- If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it;
- To a person who needs the information because of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an identifiable person or group.
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative industry safeguards to protect information from unauthorized access, use, loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. We will make reasonable efforts to protect personal information stored on the site’s servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (for example, firewalls), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security on our site, you can contact our privacy office at email@example.com or at the address listed below.
This site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.